Recycled Kids Crafts: How to make bug habitat / Bug Barn wit
LEVEL: Pre-K +
TIME: Less than 30 Minutes
DIFICULTY LEVEL: Easy
- 1 Quaker Box (recycled)
- Masking Tape
- Paint (blue, or any color you like)
- Mesh / Netting
- Poster board (optional for decoration)
- ribbon or lace
- Paint Brush
- Cut horizontally into the box for about 2/3 of the box
- Take the mesh and measure over the opening and cut any excess
- Tape the expose edges from the box. Make sure your tape covers both the inner and outer edges.
- Tape the mesh into the box and make sure you are covering every single surface you cut into
- Paint (this might take several coats
- depending on your paint quality
- and the glossy finish on the box.
- One quick trick is to put tape in the entire box so you will be painting the
- tape and not the box).
- Decorate inside of the box by using poster board.
- Make a hole on the Cover
- Pass a string through the hole on the cover and secure.
Boy’s Crafts, Seasonal: Spring, Seasonal: Summer, Recycling, Handmade Toys, Functional, Easy, Animals, All Arts And Crafts, Children Projects, crafts
PHOTO BY www.simplekidscrafts.com
TEXT BY www.simplekidscrafts.com
VIDEO BY www.simplekidscrafts.com
Adult supervision is always required when making crafts with children. Click here to view security tips when making crafts with children.