Children Arts and Crafts Recipe: Home-made colored chalk
Pre-K + TIME:
Less than 30 Minutes LEVEL:
- 1 cup Plaster of Paris
- 1 cup water
- Powdered tempera paint or Food coloring
- Cardboard or poster board
- Popsicle stick to mix
- Here are the instructions for making the containers and the mixture for the chalk.
- Making the cardboard tubes (containers):
- Cut the poster board into 2’ wide by 4’ height
- Form small tubes with the poster board
- Tape the side and one end of the tube using masking tape
- Mixture recipe:
- Mix the Plaster of Paris and the water in a container using the popsicle stick.
- Divide the mixture into separate containers (as many pieces of chalk as desired).
- Add paint or a few drops of food coloring to the mixture in the containers.
- Add the mixture into the cardboard paper tube molds you made earlier.
- Let the mixture dry upright for 4 - 10 hours.
CATEGORIES: All Posts
, Crafts Recipes
, All Arts And Crafts
, Children Projects